I was in Target yesterday doing some shopping without the kids so I stopped for a few minutes in the book aisle. I keep seeing the book "Eat, Pray, Love" so I decided to check it out. I read the back and then read the first chapter. It was on sale but the frugal part of me decided I didn't need a book at the moment since I still have 150 pages left of the book I'm reading. I've been using the library alot so I figured I should check and see if the library has it before buying it. On the way home I figured I'd make a quick stop at the library to see if they had the book and pick up a couple of books for the kids while I was there. Hey, an easy way to make "mommy points". Well, yes the library had the book and despite the fact that I'm not done my other book, I checked it out. Worse case senario I need to renew it. Well, before bed i started reading the book and as soon as I woke up this morning I picked up the book. I love it. I'm only on page 40 but it is an easy read that is funny and poignant all at the same time. I'm thinking the other book is going to have to go to the back burner. The book is "A Tapestry of Hope" by Tracie Peterson. I read her "Hiers of Montana" series and loved it, I really enjoy historical fiction. This one is about the Lowell Mills so I find it interesting but the woman is betrothed and I just can't get past that. The whole idea of it makes me cringe. I should probably thank my parents for not betrothing me. I think I did OK on my own, LOL.
We are off to the Boston Children's museum for the day. More pictures to take and scrapbook! Hopefully tonight I'll have a few minutes to share another leap year sample with you.
Stampingly,
Stacy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment