Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blooming with Love

I guess we need to be blooming with "love" since there isn't any other blessed things blooming around here. I was really beginning to like the sight of the brown grass in my yard but apparently there are 6 inches of snow on the way for tonight and tomorrow. I have had it with this weather. But, I do really like this card. I made it almost two weeks ago from the card sketch challenge on SCS. I love card sketches as a spring board. I challenge you to head over there, pick a sketch and start creating. That's your challenge Sarah (LOL).

I actually stamped the image on this card as one piece and then cut it in half. The sketch called for something in the middle but I didn't want to cover up the detail of the stamp. Since SU doesn't make markers of the In Colors I used my groovy guava reinker and picked up the ink with a blender pen. I had forgotten about this technique until I went to color this card. I like how it came out.
Last night I emailed a fellow SCSer and demonstrator Jan Tink (she is among the best) about a project she created. She has given me permission to post her Carousel Notes Purse Book so you can all see how amazing it is. I'm plannig to offer a class on how to make it. Stay tuned.
Happy stamping and please share what it is you've been inspired to create.
Stacy

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Pretty card! I love sketch sites. You can get so creative from a basic sketch.

AND WOW! I LOVE that purse book! WOW! :-)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty Stacy! Love how you cut the image down the middle to make the two scenes. Beautiful coloring too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this card! You are making me want this set!

Judy Rozema said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

I love what you did. Great job!

Jessica Lynn
www.jessicalynnoriginal.com

Erin... said...

oooh i like this!! very pretty!